to the Stephenson County Website!
you easy access to information you need.
We are here to help!
If you do not find what youíre looking for, please contact the appropriate
office or for general information call 815-235-8277 or email
Downloadable forms are available to save you
"Itís a Fact"
- Covers 568 square miles.
- Takes its name from Colonel Benjamin Stephenson, who served as a colonel
in the War of 1812 in the Illinois Militia. In 1813 he was appointed
adjutant general of the territory. In 1814 Stephenson was elected delegate
to Congress, where he served until 1816.
- Was incorporated March 4, 1837.
- Has a population of 47,711 (2010).
- Was the site of the second Lincoln-Douglas Debate, August 27, 1858.
A bronze statute of Abraham Lincoln and Stephen A. Douglas sits on the
famous debate site.
- Is the birth place to Jane Addams, of Hull-House and the Women's International
League for Peace and Freedom.
Here To Pay Your Property Tax Online
Property Assessment and Tax Search
for the 2016 Holiday Calendar Schedule